The Orange County Register’s Successful Aging Expo is an ideal way to showcase your business/product/screenings to thousands of attendees. Rich in resources and information, visitors and participants will have the opportunity to visit over 50 booths of companies, firms and services – including health screenings, medical information, health and beauty, home improvement, financial and elderly care options.
The Orange County Register reaches a demographically diverse weekly audience of over 1.4 million readers:
- Average household income: $95,881
- Average age: 47.8
- 65% are age 40+
- 47% are age 50+
- 38% are age 55+
- 21% are age 65+
- 54% are married
- 37% are College Graduates (4+ yrs)
- 59% are homeowners and have been in their home an average of 10.5 years
- 36% have children aged 17 & under in household.
The Orange County Register audience is affluent, active and engaged in taking care of their health:
- 92% carry some type of health insurance
- 81% saw a medical specialist in the past 12 months
- 53% purchased Glasses/Contacts in the past 12 months
- 77% purchased prescription drugs in the past 30 days
- 74% used Hospital Service in the past 3 yrs
- 28% belong to a health club/gym
- 11% (151,000 readers) are caregivers of aging parent/relatives
- 3% (39,000 readers) plan to shop for nursing care/asst. living next 12 months
- 10% (147,000 readers) follow a weight loss program
- 56% in Very Good/Excellent Health
- Most popular activities include gardening, swimming, bicycling, jogging/running, and hiking/backpacking.
- 33% of Orange County adults are age 55+.
- The total U.S. population percentage of age 65+ adults will increase from 16.4% of the population in 2019 to 24.2% in 2069.
- The number of persons in the U.S. aged 65+ will nearly double in the next 50 years from 53.9 million in 2019 to 101 million in 2069.
- The number of persons aged 100+ in the U.S. is projected to increase nearly 8-fold in the next 50 years from 90,500 in 2019 to 760,400 in 2069.
*Sources: 2018/2017 Scarborough Report Rel. 1 Combined Studies (Los Angeles DMA adults); PopulationPyramid.net (2019 estimates vs. 2069 forecasts) Weekly O.C. Register Reader Base: (5D Print/E-edition + 1S Print/E-edition + 7 days online – 1,409,447)