The Orange County Register’s Successful Aging Expo is an ideal way to showcase your business/product/screenings to thousands of attendees. Rich in resources and information, visitors and participants will have the opportunity to visit over 50 booths of companies, firms and services – including health screenings, medical information, health and beauty, home improvement, financial and elderly care options.
The Orange County Register reaches a demographically diverse weekly audience of over 1.38 million readers:
- Average household income: $94,990
- Average age: 47.4
- 64% are age 40+
- 44% are age 50+
- 37% are age 55+
- 21% are age 65+
- 53% are married
- 37% are College Graduates (4+ yrs)
- 57% are homeowners and have been in their home an average of 10.2 years
- 34% have children aged 17 & under in household.
The Orange County Register audience is affluent, active and engaged in taking care of their health:
- 92% carry some type of health insurance
- 82% saw a medical specialist in the past 12 months
- 53% purchased Glasses/Contacts in the past 12 months
- 77% purchased prescription drugs in the past 30 days
- 71% used Hospital Service in the past 3 yrs
- 25% belong to a health club/gym
- 10% (141,000 readers) caregiver of aging parent/relative
- 3% (45,000 readers) plan to shop for nursing care/asst. living next 12 months
- 10% (139,000 readers) follow a weight loss program
- 59% in Very Good/Excellent Health
- Most popular activities include grilling, swimming, gardening, bicycling, jogging/running
- 34% of Orange County adults are age 55+.
- The total U.S. population percentage of age 65+ adults will increase from 15.9% of the population in 2018 to 24.1% in 2068.
- The number of persons in the U.S. aged 65+ will nearly double in the next 50 years from 52.3 million in 2018 to 100.2 million in 2068.
- The number of persons aged 100+ in the U.S. is projected to increase nearly 9-fold in the next 50 years from 85,000 in 2018 to 756,000 in 2068.
*Sources: 2017 Scarborough Report, Rel. 2; PopulationPyramid.net (2018 vs. 2068 population estimates) Weekly O.C. Register Reader Base: (5D Print/E-edition + 1S Print/E-edition + 7 days online – 1,381,794)